Dr. David Samadi – Prostate Cancer PSA Test Saves Lives
Dr. David Samadi, leading prostate cancer urologist, highlights the importance of the PSA screening test and digital rectal exam (DRE) for prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer: Symptoms, risk factors, and treatment – Prostate cancer: Symptoms, risk factors, and treatment – Prostate cancer affects men. It starts in the prostate gland and is treatable in the early stages. Find out about the symptoms and treatment options.
Key Points of Prostate Cancer: Symptoms, risk factors, and treatment
- Prostate cancer is at least 60 percent more common and 2 to three times deadlier among black men than non-Hispanic white men.
- It is the most common cancer in men, but it is also treatable if found in the early stages.
- Having a brother who has or has had prostate cancer is more of a genetic risk than having a father with the disease.
- Regular screening is the best way of early detection of Prostate Cancer.
Cancer Causes, Types, Symptoms & Signs – Read about cancer signs, stages, cells, symptoms, and types. Learn what cancer is and what causes it. Inform yourself about the role viruses play in contributing to cancer. Learn why cancer occurs and how cancer cells form.
Takeaways Cancer Causes, Types, Symptoms & Signs
- Cancer is the unrestrained growth of abnormal cells throughout a body.
- Treatment protocol varies according to the type as well as stage of the cancer.
Detecting Prostate Cancer Early – Alan Partin, M.D., Ph.D.
Alan Partin, M.D., Ph.D., and his research group develop and test blood, urine and tissue cells to detect prostate cancer early.